Re: Blending edge ISO - 2

> Hi all,
> So here is the blending edge ISO of the day :-)
>    * Full dri/agp support with i915 driver (include in linux-agp)
>    * Add wifi support and wbar
> Note: in the preview I already included dr support but kernel modules
> was missing. I test on my machine with success and got the correct vga
> autodetected at boot. I hope dri support will not affect old hardware
> that dont support it, in this case I have an xorg-server-light package
> ready to commit and use (an xorh version packaged at 850 KB without
> dri, gl and other features.)

VIDEO
Hi, i tried it on my machine (acer a0532h) and it didn't work: instead
of slim i could only see screen mess; also, i couldn't return to a
text console (ctrl+alt+F1); i could only blind typing reboot or
killall Xorg.

So i thought there were some packages missing:
-libdrm-intel-2.4.23.tazpkg
-mesa-7.10.1.tazpkg
-mesa-dri-7.10.1.tazpkg
-mesa-dri-intel-7.10.1.tazpkg
-xorg-libXv-1.0.6.tazpkg
-xorg-libXvMC-1.0.6.tazpkg
-xorg-xf86-video-intel-2.14.0.tazpkg

So I started old cooking 3.0, mounted partition of new blending2,
removed slim from its daemons array, installed these packages
(xorg-xf86-video-intel and its dependencies, since xorg.configure only
showed 'vesa' in the driver list while it should have been also
showing 'intel', as i noticed in the logs), then copied /etc/X11 from
my working 3.0 cooking (made with tazx) to the not-working
blending2/etc, then startx and-->now it works perfectly!

So maybe to get i915 properly working with X are needed also those
packages above? note that the console was perfect, the issues regard
only X (and slim, and so the whole "boot process" for a first-try-user
of slitaz).

I've attached a gzipped tar with all the informations needed.

WIFI
Only needed to restart network.sh with the correct .conf and it works! :)

TAZWEB and BROWSERS
Tazweb doesn't support gmail text-boxes, nor i can do ctrl+c from
tazpanel; firefox couldn't start due to missing lib. (but doesn't
matter, i was only interested in video and wifi, i know this is only a
test).