Re: Next Cooking or RC - Few questions

Personally, I believe that not alienating users is much more important than either interface, bloat or anything else really.

To keep as many users happy as possible, given how divisive an issue editors are, I think the best bet is to leave in Nano and vi which are both major text editors with a large number of fervent followers. Then for the GUI folks leave either beaver or leafpad. I have personally used leafpad and enjoyed it, I don't know much about beaver.

- Yori

On 4/27/2011 4:18 PM, Alexander Medvedev wrote:
>save only about 1meg on the iso

That's HUGE.

> it does not provide a replacement for leafpad

We already have beaver.

>it's pico-like keybindings still don't offer an interface that's anything like nano.

Are we talking of minimal possible bloat or nice interfaces?