[cooking] Stacking rootfs.gz modules

On 09/01/2011 20:44, Philippe Lelédy wrote:

HOW-TO:

-1- Standardize on loram-smallcdrom
-2- all modules should be put in a *single* directory, on whatever
partition you choose.
-3- for building a new module:
a) decide which previous modules it depends on, and which pkg will make
up the new module (this is the only *hard* part)
b) using aufs, stack all these modules r/o + one top layer r/w (easy,
see tazlito as example)
c) tazpkg install-list the-list-of-pkg-my-new-module-is-made-of --root
my-aufs-stack
d) mksquashfs my-aufs-branche-rw modules/dir/rootfs-my-new-module
-4- add this in bootloader
loram=UUID=<uuid-of-module-partition>,modules/dir/

Yes, I tried this HowTo and it works exactly as I said:

NO! There remains a little bug in

tazpkg install-list the-list-of-pkg-my-new-module-is-made-of \
  --root  my-aufs-stack

The tazpkg --root does not do what one should expects: it does unpack packages in the --root DIR, but does post_install() in / not --root DIR

Maybe a feature request or bug for tazpkg ?

Ph.L.