cooklist of packages for 4.0

Hi all,

I have created a package list for the community to refer in case one
likes to add new packages to SliTaz repos:
http://labs.slitaz.org/wiki/distro/Pkgscooklist . The list has about
300 packages that we can aim for 4.0.

With about 2300 packages in repos, I was interested in finding out how
many more pacakges do we need to meet almost all the requirements for
95% people in the SliTaz Community. So, I did a painful comparison of
SliTaz repos with Arch Linux repos. As a result, I have created this
cook list. I was expecting about 1000 packages but surprisingly found
that 300 packages seems to be adequate. I, however, didn't add many
games. So, maybe 100 more pacakges can be added to the list. You are
welcome to add your choices.

I would like to encourage the community to help in building these
packages. If few of you can compile 5 pkgs/month, we can finish the
list in few months time. We need community to help us in this because
the developers have a lot of extra load of maintaining the repos.

If you are on SliTaz, its always useful to learn how to compile
packages. SliTaz has a cool build environment. Please read the
cookbook and some compiling tips:
http://doc.slitaz.org/en:guides:tazwoktips  if you want to know more.
Everyone,  please feel free to edit existing or to add new tips.

To coordinate the effort: if you plan to build a package, please
update this list :  http://labs.slitaz.org/wiki/distro/Pkgscooklist
and say "cooking started on DATE". If the package doesnot turn up in
repos in 1 month time since the "cooking start DATE", someone else can
try to build the same package. This, hopefully, would reduce
duplication.  If committed to the hg repos, please remove the package
from the cooklist.

I welcome you all for suggestions.

Thanks

Rohit