|Re: problems with xorg screen resolution|
[ Thread Index |
- To: slitaz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: problems with xorg screen resolution
- From: Shiny Luminous <shiningluminous@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 20:04:56 +0800
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=mm75jbC+yl5Hmki9gV8uBeAPU3iWLXqfUGQQX88GTwU=; b=E6H41E3qOpyFA04jqYJBpVoShYzp1Ic7ZVrqe8EULVEzelQc5v/1EUJAZT5kbjS2Gn bQ7COO+8hKlDmrGp8dDaKoyIjkkqHGgafnGxJXX5WtM6EflQT6thUXOK1bugzZ7ium2e HqV99G96rYM5qleNW8D8J4S3DCZkA6nKQbjy0=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=R8390XV1/GV/AO3ZqimlqUEOowfKSSe66Zmg4w6G2CJtLwW5P2cA7ZFP6NbaOIACBt 4stVXncHNJ9mHOd4nj/GVoQoHELMS8Oyn9AvcwSXhlj9L1KsaLWpp1Zsdk77Hfuq1gMd dPMj+5YDpZPR/KPGciMYnSnij04aTNGst8O0U=
On 3/8/10, Paul Issott <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Rohit
> I managed to mix/match your Xorg.conf with the nv driver and get
> a working resolution (thanks). I've included my Xorg.conf also.
> In a way, I'm really going to miss the 'tiny' Xvesa server.
> It handled my 1400 x 900 (Nvidia card) resolution with ease
> and it also made SliTaz different from the other distros.
> Hopefully we can find a way to get Xorg working out of the box?
I confirm that this is a problem. My solution is to install the xvesa
package and edit slim.conf to point to the Xvesa server.
I may also note in passing that some other distros (I think Knoppix
and maybe even SuSE) use the Xvesa server with "unsupported" hardware.
SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/