Re: tazpkg and incomplete package downloads

On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 5:13 AM, Christophe Lincoln <pankso@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> I recently ran tazpkg for the first time to download and install a
>> package and its dependencies.  One of its dependencies was quite large
>> and as I'm on dial-up Internet access, I cancelled the download with
>> [Control] & [C].  When I restarted the download, tazpkg attempted to
>> install the partially downloaded package.  Of course this failed and I
>> understood why, since I'd manually canceled the download.
>>
>> I wonder if I have this correct and if so, what might be done to fix
>> this behaviour?  I have looked briefly at tazpkg's code and believe
>> that an additional check needs to be made before the package is
>> installed.  What I don't understand is why wget is not leaving
>> incomplete package downloads with the ".part" extension.  If it did,
>> it would be quite simple to detect incomplete packages (without using
>> MD5 sums) and deal with them promptly.
>
> Yes you right it seems that we need to do an additional check. SliTaz
> wget version is from Busybox, the -c option continue retrieval of
> aborted transfer, we should use it.
>
> Feel free to post a patch or/and a bug on the new BTS:
> http://wiki.slitaz.org/doku.php?id=bts:bts

Thanks for your reply.  I'll certainly report this as a bug in the new BTS.

Congratulations on the wiki and BTS.  Having a BTS means that bugs
that may be of interest to others are not "lost" in the mailing list.

Congratulations on SliTaz.

Regards,

Russell Dickenson (AKA phayz)

---