tazpkg and incomplete package downloads

I recently ran tazpkg for the first time to download and install a
package and its dependencies.  One of its dependencies was quite large
and as I'm on dial-up Internet access, I cancelled the download with
[Control] & [C].  When I restarted the download, tazpkg attempted to
install the partially downloaded package.  Of course this failed and I
understood why, since I'd manually canceled the download.

I wonder if I have this correct and if so, what might be done to fix
this behaviour?  I have looked briefly at tazpkg's code and believe
that an additional check needs to be made before the package is
installed.  What I don't understand is why wget is not leaving
incomplete package downloads with the ".part" extension.  If it did,
it would be quite simple to detect incomplete packages (without using
MD5 sums) and deal with them promptly.

Regards,

Russell Dickenson (AKA phayz)

---