[Sawfish] Re: Sawfish popup menu key binding?

sawfish@xxxxxxxxxx (2020-07-06 at 2131.32 +0200):
> From: Petter Gustad <sawfish@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Sawfish popup menu key binding?
> Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2018 13:51:56 +0100 (CET)
>

> > Is it possible to customize the key binding in the popup menus?
> >
> > I've written this function which I'm using to popup a menu of window
> > names of certain types:
> >
> > (defun popup-menu-of (pred)
> >   "make popup windows of a certain type"
> >   (popup-menu
> >    (mapcar #'(lambda (w)
> >                (list (window-name w)
> >                      (lambda ()
> >                        (uniconify-window w)
> >                        (x-raise-window w)
> >                        (set-input-focus w))))
> >            (filter pred (managed-windows)))))
> >
> > I can then use the arrow keys to select the entry I want.
> >
> > But I would like to use C-n and C-p rather than the arrow keys. How
> > can I bind different keys to the popup-menu?
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Best regards
> > //Petter
>
> Does anybody know how keybindings are specified in popup menus?

Hmmm... maybe you missed the replies then? The menus are handled by
GTK, v2 in Sawfish case.

GTK2 Emacs bindings support C-n/C-p, so it can be done, using that
keyboard theme or copying the relevant parts.

---8<---
binding "gtk-emacs-menu"
{
  bind "<ctrl>n" { "move-current" (next) }
  bind "<ctrl>p" { "move-current" (prev) }
  bind "<ctrl>f" { "move-current" (child) }
  bind "<ctrl>b" { "move-current" (parent) }
}
class "GtkMenuShell" binding "gtk-emacs-menu"
--->8---

Cheers,
GSR