[Sawfish] Building .deb from sources: more libtool problems

Hello,

I'm trying to build the latest sawfish from sources, and am getting into
libtool difficulty.

The reason I'm trying to build the latest is because I'm investigating
another issue: when using SDL2 to create a 640x480 window, sawfish
1.9.90 does not report window border sizes correctly and a window with a
canvas size of 638x478 results, while SDL2 thinks it's 640x480 and parts
of the canvas are not rendered. Using xfwm4 does not have any problems
of this kind.

using:
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -b -us -uc
or alternatively the "make-sure-it's-bash" version:
SHELL=/bin/bash /bin/bash -c "dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -b -us -uc"

results in:
make[1]: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/rep/libtool: Command not found

I just compiled and installed librep and rep from sources. I only have
this rep-related libtool installed:
/usr/lib/rep/libtool

Forcing a symlink to use that libtool just results in:
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.9/../../../../lib/librep.a: error adding
symbols: Bad value

It's a bit unclear how to proceed here. I'm not exactly an autotools expert.

Sincerely,

Rafal Kolanski