Re: [Sawfish] CSD and hyperactive window resizing

On Tue, 28 Jul 2015, Christopher Roy Bratusek wrote:

I can not reproduce this by single-click. But I could reproduce by
trying with double-click, but also only after heavy trying. I'm not
quite sure (yet) what's causing the issue.

But I suggest https://github.com/PCMan/gtk3-nocsd as a work-around for
now.

Thanks for working on this, I don't doubt that it's something very subtle. But I notice that gtk3-nocsd is not applicable for current "stable" GTK 3: the advice says, "Make sure your gtk+ version is either older than 3.16.1 or newer than 3.17.3." Current stable GTK 3 is 3.16.6.

I'm well aware that gnome CSD is a total pain; nonetheless some of the programs that use it are in other ways really quite nice, so it would be great if Sawfish could manage to work around the problems.

I wonder if there's any profit in looking into (e.g.) the xfwm4 sources for hints? I have to apologize that I don't know enough about window managers to contribute.

--
Allin Cottrell
Department of Economics