Re: [Sawfish] Strange Window Behaviour

I don't know if this helps... but somehow, I can't resize by any means
(except programmatically--ie. writing lisp code) my firefox window. It
always starts at the same size. always. And no matter how I try to
resize it, it refuses (using the mouse, maximize, horizontal maximize,
etc). The only way I can get it back to "normal" is by writing a lisp
function that resizes the current window to a given fixed size.

I just can't figure out why. This started happening when I was using the
default ubuntu WM (12.10) and it continued when I moved to sawfish.

--dmg

 Andrew> I've got a really odd problem with Firefox that I think must be to do with
 Andrew> some setting it's telling sawfish about. Suddenly my Firefox window shrank to
 Andrew> a fifth its normal width, lost the "maximise" toolbar button and whenever I
 Andrew> try to resize the window it jumps down to zero size (vertical or horizontal)
 Andrew> and I can only get it to then resize back up to the narrow size it was
 Andrew> before. I've had this happen once or twice before but a restart of Firefox
 Andrew> fixed it then, but not this time. Even a reboot hasn't fixed it. I'm at a
 Andrew> loss to even know what triggered it. I was using Firefox at the time but
 Andrew> wasn't doing window operations with it. I've tried moving my .sawfish/custom
 Andrew> file and restarting sawfish, including then restarting Firefox, but still no
 Andrew> joy. I've even erased and reinstalled Firefox with no change.

 Andrew> Any ideas?

 Andrew> --
 Andrew> Professor Andrew A Adams                      aaa@xxxxxxxxxxx
 Andrew> Professor at Graduate School of Business Administration,  and
 Andrew> Deputy Director of the Centre for Business Information Ethics
 Andrew> Meiji University, Tokyo, Japan       http://www.a-cubed.info/

 Andrew> --
 Andrew> Sawfish ML

--
Daniel M. German                  "The only bad press is an obituary."
                                    Dennis Rodman