Re: [Sawfish] [ANN] Sawfish 1.9.90 "Strike A Pose"

On 12/2/12, Christopher Roy Bratusek <nano@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> the first beta release of Sawfish 1.10 is now available for testing.
>
> Downloads:
> http://download.tuxfamily.org/sawfish/
>
> Have Fun!
> Chris
>
> NEWS:
> 1.9.90 "Strike A Pose"
> ======================
>
>    * Updated or New dependencies
>         - PangoX: no longer required
>
>    * Bug Fixes
>         - Always rebuild the list of marked winows in tabs when closing
>           a marked window. [fuchur]
>
>         - Only allow a window to be tabbed, if the parent window's
>           framestyle has support for tabs.  (Note that in Sawfish
>           different windows can have diffrent framestyles) [fuchur]
>
>         - `window-ops-menu' was still calling
>           `resize-window-to-dimension' that didn't exist anymore since
>           Sawfish 1.7. Use `resize-window-prompt' instead. [Christopher
>           Bratusek]
>
>         - Make "Sawfish Rootmenu" label an insensitive menu-item, so
>           that clicking it while the root-menu pops-up doesn't make the
>           menu dissapear immediately. [Christopher Bratusek]
>
>         - In SawfishConfig you can select different cursor shapes for
>           different buttons. Some of the definitions have been wrong
>           and could crash Sawfish when choosing them. This is fixed
>           now. [fuchur]
>
>         - When a windows `max-width' or `max-height' would exceed 32767
>           (X11's maximum) it would result in odd window-behaviour (for
>           example: no maximization button), this is fixed by capping
>           the value at 32767. Originally reported with Firefox and
>           Thunderbird 17.0 [Michael Panteleit]
>
>         - Fixed grabbing key-bindings in SawfishConfig. [Christopher
>           Bratusek]
>
>    * New Features
>         - Tiling. [Jose A. Ortega Ruiz] [Christopher Bratusek]
>           Currently this module is under heavy testing (so you have
>           been warned!). `tall-tile' has been tested to properly work
>           (with some minor hickups), while `col-tile' is untested.
>           Example on how to test the new `tall-tile' module (for more
>           infos read `lisp/sawfish/wm/tile/readme.org':
>
>                ;; Tiling
>                (require 'sawfish.wm.tile.tile)
>                (tall-tiling 0 #:width 2 #:top 0 #:bottom 1 #:gap 1 #:max 3)
>                (bind-keys global-keymap
>                           "F11" 'tile-workspace
>                	   "C-S-KP_Add" 'increase-max-windows
>                	   "C-S-KP_Subtract" 'decrease-max-windows
>                	   "C-F11" 'next-tiling)
>
>         - Completeley revised `resize-window-prompt'. Now display
>           window's name and old width (respectively old height) when
>           prompt for new values. Shows an information, if one of the
>           given values is not actually a number. [Christopher Bratusek]
>
>         - External Application modules. Those modules allow handling,
>           setting-up external application during a sawfish session. See
>           `AUTOSTART' for additional notes on them.
>              ++ `trayer' module. Handles a `trayer' (a system-tray)
>                instance during a sawfish session.  [Christopher
> [...]

Thanks a lot Chris for all the hard work!

One quick question: what exactly is the trayer module? Is it a stand
alone tray application? Like stalonetray? Or something in sawfish that
can interact with an external tray application? Currently I'm using
stalonetray happily together with sawfish and was wondering whether
there is anything new on this front.

Cheers,
Daniel