Re: [Sawfish] can sawfish auto-resize windows, when I am dragging them with a mouse?

Thank you, Chris, thank you for minding me. I am glad to see that, the
great sawfish wm is under very active development. I have used 5
independent wms: afterstep (long time ago), xmonad, openbox, i3-wm and
sawfish (very recently). Undoubtedly, sawfish is the best one.

However, such a great window manager as sawfish occupies only a little
market [see, e.g., 1]. I feel that, it 's kind of waste of resources.
I hope you can agree that, it would be a good thing to do some
marketing to attract more users.

I took some time to install the last version this afternoon, but
failed. I have tried some different ways.
(1) Google finds no ppa for my Lubuntu 12.04. The latest ppa I have
found is [2], which is for ubuntu 10.10.
(2) The 3rd party precompiled packages was not for my 32bit system [3].
(3) Convert fedora rpm to deb, and then install it. However, the
librep in my system seems too old, as a result, sawfish cannot launch.
(4) Compiling from git, but the dependence is rather complex. I am not
an experienced user there and cannot make librep installed, although I
have managed to resolve the dependence.
(5) Compiling from source also failed. It seems this was the best way,
which may success if I have tried it before making the dependence
improper.
Last, I chose to give up, and roll back to the old version.

Previously, I have noticed the i3wm maintains its updates in an
elegant way [4]. It was said that, rest assured that sur5r will update
i3wm automatically. I am not familiar with the packaging techniques.
Still, I hope sawfish can learn from it. In my opinion, such
maintenance technique is one of the most important aspects of the
marketing.

[1] http://qa.debian.org/popcon-graph.php?packages=xmonad%2C+i3-wm%2C+afterstep%2C+sawfish%2C+openbox&show_installed=on&want_legend=on&want_ticks=on&from_date=&to_date=&hlght_date=&date_fmt=%25Y-%25m&beenhere=1

[2] https://launchpad.net/~mmaruska/+archive/sawfish

[3]deb http://apt.nanolx.org/ photonic main
deb-src http://apt.nanolx.org/ photonic main

[4] http://i3wm.org/docs/repositories.html