Re: [Sawfish] multi-head warning

On Wed, 22 Aug 2012 11:48:27 -0700,
greg heil <emanuensis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Rodrigo
> Does not sound good in general. i have not yet succeeded in installing
> Sawfish, and have two monitors. But the monitors are driven off the
> same Nvidia card. The Nvidia driver evidently fools X11 into seeing
> them as a single head. This may(?) be a way around Sawfish`s design
> flaw.

this is xubuntu 12.04, nvidia driver 295.49. lcds configured as separated
X screens. i do not really have problems with this. both screens look
very independent (e.g. different backgrounds.)

--multihead spawns two sawfish process and they seem to be happy out
  there. i have sawfish-ness on both screens.

it is just that the warning is rather alarming/panicking and made me
hesitate about a different mechanism in sawfish to enable multi-headed
support.

cheers,
 Rodrigo