[Sawfish] Sawfish and linux mint

Has anyone tried sawfish on either of the linux mint release 13 varients (MATE or Cinnamon desktops)?

Mate is derived from gnome 2.3 so a change of window manager should work.

I can't locate any info on Cinnamon beyond "The desktop layout is similar to Gnome 2" and "The underlying technology is forked from Gnome Shell" with a mention of a "comfortable desktop experience". I've made a bootable stick and tomorrow I'll have a bit of a rummage around in whatever config files there are to see if I can alter the WM.