Re: [Sawfish] Re: rep-gtk-0.90.7 and gtk-glue

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 05:14:17PM +0900, Teika Kazura wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Mar 2012 03:51:49 +0100, janemba wrote:
> > Well, maybe I found the problem. I'm using arm architecture and on arm va_list is not a void* but
> > a struct. So it seems that rep-gtk doesn't build on arm...
>
> It compiled fine on amd64, with -Wall -Wextra, and I received no
> warnings.
>
> I can't help here. My C understanding is limited.

va_list is supposed to be an "opaque type".  You should not care at all
how this happen to be implemented and internal detail may drastically
differ from one to the next version of libraries and/or compiler.  So if
something assumes that some particular type can be substituted for
va_list that it is indeed a bug.

OTOH this gtk-glue.c in question is not directly supplied in rep-gtk
sources but build due to a Makefile rule.  Results are not that readable
and it is far from obvious for me what are real reasons for errors as
seen by OP.  They _may_ be outside of rep-gtk sources.  In a header file
/usr/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtktreemodel.h I have here the third argument
in a gtk_tree_model_get_valist() prototype is indeed of a va_list type
so something of 'char *' should not be accepted.

   Michal