Re: [Sawfish] Emacs does not open fullscreen using sawfish

On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 19:37:18 +0000, Deric Bytes wrote:
> I can get other programs to open in fullscreen, except emacs (24.0.93.1)
>
> ;; see: add-window-matcher-example
> (add-window-matcher '(( WM_CLASS  . "Emacs"))
>                                  '(( maximized . fullscreen )))

Hi, Deric. The very instance an Emacs window appears, I see it's
maximized, and soon it gets back to the normal. (My emacs is 23.3.)
Same for maximization only for vertical. Maybe it's because my pc is
slow. On the other hand, you can maximize existing Emacs windows
correctly.

Probably it can be done correctly by postponing the maximization.
But maxz'n specified as a window rule is done by
maximize-after-add-window which is put in after-add-window-hook, and I
don't think Sawfish has any later built-in mechanisms to react to a
window addition.

A workaround I come up with now is to call add-timer from
add-winwdow-hook.

Perhaps it's a Sawfish's bug in ICCCM handling. (ICCCM is an X's spec
for window managers.) The Emacs manual says WMs can override
fullscreen subtlety which is the default of Emacs.

Teika (Teika kazura)