Re: [Sawfish] alt-button-1 not passed through to application

> yes, it persists, for the click to focus event, there
> is an alternative which passes through the events but
> for the move-window-interactively there doesn't seem
> to be one ... anyway I worked around that (for now)
> by changing the move-window-interactively to a different
> key/button combination ...
>
> best,
> Herbert

Well, there's a difference between a B1Click and Alt-B1Click:

Alt-B1Click is bound to a command, while B1Click is only "focus that window".
Thus Sawfish will pass the event through (if choosen) for the later, but not
for the former. So this is actually not a bug, it's just an conflicting
keybinding.

Ways to solve the issue

- (as you did): change Alt-B1Click to something else
- change the application's binding
- use keymap-trans. keymap-trans is a window-rule, which sends a different
event to the given window, as the one you typed. Example:

press C-n but let window receive C-S-t (this way I make konsole act like
Editors when I'm about adding a new Terminal-Tab).

This works pretty simple:

( add-window-matcher '( (WM_CLASS . "^Konsole/konsole$" ) )
  ( keymap-trans . ( ( "C-n" "C-S-t" ) ) ) )

should be straight forward.

Chris

---