Re: [hatari-users] Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari 2.2.1 has been released

Am Sun, 10 Feb 2019 10:34:14 +0100
schrieb Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Le 10/02/2019 à 04:26, tuxic@xxxxxxxxx a écrit :
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > when compiling this version, I get the following error:
> >
> > [ 53%] Building C object
> > src/CMakeFiles/hatari.dir/clocks_timings.c.o [ 54%] Building C
> > object src/CMakeFiles/hatari.dir/configuration.c.o [ 54%] Building
> > C object src/CMakeFiles/hatari.dir/options.c.o [ 55%] Building C
> > object src/CMakeFiles/hatari.dir/change.c.o [ 55%] Building C
> > object src/CMakeFiles/hatari.dir/control.c.o [ 56%] Building C
> > object src/CMakeFiles/hatari.dir/cycInt.c.o [ 56%] Building C
> > object src/CMakeFiles/hatari.dir/cycles.c.o [ 57%] Building C
> > object src/CMakeFiles/hatari.dir/dialog.c.o [ 57%] Building C
> > object src/CMakeFiles/hatari.dir/dmaSnd.c.o [ 58%] Building C
> > object src/CMakeFiles/hatari.dir/fdc.c.o [ 58%] Building C object
> > src/CMakeFiles/hatari.dir/file.c.o [ 59%] Building C object
> > src/CMakeFiles/hatari.dir/floppy.c.o [ 59%] Building C object
> > src/CMakeFiles/hatari.dir/floppy_ipf.c.o /home/user/data/pools/pool05/hatari-2.2.1/src/floppy_ipf.c:64:2:
> > error: unknown type name ‘CapsLong’ CapsLong
> > CapsImage[ MAX_FLOPPYDRIVES ]; /* Image Id or -1 if drive empty */
> > ^~~~~~~~
> >
> > I am compiling this on GENTOO-Linux.
> >
> > The installed version of CAPS is:
> >

> > * games-emulation/caps
> >       Available versions:  [M]20071115^s {doc}
> >       Homepage:            http://www.softpres.org/
> > C.A.P.S. images
> >

> > There is a workaround for this: After configuring the sources remove
> > all CAPS-related entries from config.log.
> >
> > The resulting Hatari will not be able to load various image formats
> > supported by the CAPS library therefore.
> >
> > Can this bug be fixed?
>
> capslibrary support can give problem depending on where the
> include/library files are located on your system.
>
> did you check section 3.2) of readme.txt in hatari sources, to ensure
> files are correctly located ?

I think we have seen that problem in the past already: Version 5 of
the library does not define these types like CapsLong anymore. I think
we should either stop using these types in Hatari, too (and maybe drop
support for version 4 in that case), or define them on our own when
version 5 has been detected.

 Thomas