Re: [hatari-users] Floppy in Falcon mode

Vincent Rivière wrote:
2) About the A: problems, it was actually a timeout issue! On Hatari in
Falcon mode, a Restore (goto track 0) command on A: takes about 2.5
seconds, while in any other cases (including drive B: in Falcon mode !)
it takes less than 1.5 seconds. So I will increase the EmuTOS timeout.
Does this make sense ?

Oh, I remember I had similar trouble on the FireBee (which emulates Falcon hardware). When probing the floppy drives, EmuTOS actually waits for an IRQ, whatever the cause. The IDE and floppy share the same IRQ on Falcon. I had trouble on the FireBee because a few seconds after reset, the CompactFlash card (actually an IDE device) issued an IRQ for an unknown cause (probably something like "I'm ready to operate"). That interfered with EmuTOS floppy detection routine.

Does Hatari emulates such IDE IRQs, or some other interrupts which could interfere with the floppy ? That could explain why I have trouble with A: and not B: (which is detected a bit later)...

--
Vincent Rivière