Re: [hatari-devel] Error in SetClock / ReadClock

On lauantai 22 joulukuu 2012, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> On 22/12/2012 13:31, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> In that case, the emulated machine would default to 1985 or sthg like
> that at first boot, which can be annoying when dealing with harddisk
> mounted on the real filesystem.
> So, we could have an option "init ikbd clock on boot" that would do only
> one localtime() call.

IMHO there's no need for such an option.  That init could be done if RTC
is enabled.  Hatari has RTC enabled by default and there's --rtc <bool>
option to control it.

I.e. after your change, RTC clock option would affect only the Hatari
"clock" at startup time.  Configure option description should be changed
to something like:
	  --rtc <bool>       Take initial Atari clock value from host

> This way, the machine has a correct date/time at boot, but then it
> updates independantly of the system (which means if you pause emulation
> for 8 hours in 'Captain Blood' or 'Zombi' for example, you don't loose
> your game when you unpause it)

Sounds good to me. :-)