Re: [hatari-devel] Zombi

Am Thu, 10 May 2012 23:28:41 +0200
schrieb Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On 10/05/2012 23:18, Thomas Huth wrote:
> >
> > Anyway, I think I've got a clue what might be wrong with the game:
> > It initially sets a new date/time stamp with the IKBD clock-set
> > command - which we do not support in Hatari yet. So when it later
> > reads back the time from the IKBD, it gets a time stamp that is far
> > away from the time expected by the program - so it thinks too much
> > time has passed and you die.
> >
> > I am just trying to implement a fix for this ... but that might
> > require a new variable in the IKBD code that has to be saved in the
> > memory snapshots, too. So this will break the compatibility of the
> > snapshots with version 1.6.0 and 1.6.1 ... Nicolas, would that be
> > ok for 1.6.2 or do you prefer to keep 1.6.2 compatible with the two
> > previous versions?
> >
> >   Thomas
>
> If we can't avoid extending the ikbd memory state, then it's fine
> with me if the snapshot changes.

Ok, I've implemented IKBD set-clock now, so Zombi is working now. I
had to save a new variable to the memory snapshots, so they are
incompatible with 1.6.0 now. Anyway, looking at the release notes,
there are really a lot of changes already, ... Nicolas, did you maybe
also consider to name the next release 1.7.0 already instead of 1.6.2?

 Regards,