Re: [hatari-devel] Release 1.6.2 in mid May

Le 03/05/2012 01:50, Roger Burrows a écrit :
Hi,
On 2 May 2012 at 12:02, Laurent Sallafranque wrote:

  Maybe we can prepare a synthetic test for the real TT and measure div's
cycles against video counter?
  As soon as I receive my TT, I'm able to run such a test e.g. for five
days.

That would be great, we could have a better accuracy for 68030 divs.
But it means we'll have to guess the div algo of the 68030 by ourselves.

Nice challenge to come :)

If someone has such a test already written, I volunteer to run it on my TT.

Regards,
Roger Burrows

Honnestly, I don't want to be too pessimistic, but I think we will never "guess" the algo by running tests and taking averages.

For example, just have a look at the 68000 divs algo, it's really complicated, it depends on the number of 0 and 1 in each operand. Now if we consider the 68020+ algo is faster, this means it's even more complicated.

I'm afraid it will be hard to come to something close, only motorola knows the inner work.