Re: [hatari-devel] YM2149_sound_table++

On Monday 09 April 2012 15:01, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> On 31/03/2012 01:11, David Savinkoff wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > These patches make the 'ST table' sound better.
> > The table is expanded from a 16*16*16 to a 32*32*32
> > matrix using geometric mean interpolation for the
> > empty elements.
> >
> > Linear mixing may have had an overflow that is fixed.
> >
> > ym2149_fixed_vol.h has the same data with a few
> > braces added for required 3-dimensional array syntax.
> >
> > David
>
> Hello,
>
> thanks, patch applied. I can't hear any real difference, as the changes
> are rather subtle but using a better interpolation can't do any harm :)

Listen to the sh11inv.prg demo.

> By the way, I had troubles applying your diff files ; did you remove the
> last empty line or something like that ? I had to add an empty line in
> the diff file to correct this.
>

> patching file ym2149_fixed_vol.h
> patch unexpectedly ends in middle of line
> Hunk #1 FAILED at 6.
> 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file ym2149_fixed_vol.h.rej
>
> patch -b -p2 < ~/sound.c.table.diff
> patching file sound.c
> patch unexpectedly ends in middle of line
>

> Nicolas

I re-checked the patches from my viewpoint and found no discrepancies.
I checked the latest version of Hatari and found it to be exactly as
expected, given the patches applied.

Your diff has slightly different output from mine, but I can't
determine what is wrong.

CentOS 5.8
- diff (GNU diffutils) 2.8.1  -- package date june 2008
- patch 2.5.4 -- package date march 2011

David