Re: [hatari-devel] Old UAE core regressions in Falcon games

Le 20/02/2012 12:52, Laurent Sallafranque a écrit :

 > * Tron2001 regression, at start gives: > M68000 Bus Error writing at
address $f00000.
Again bus error.

Maybe Nicolas has fixed some of these problems in the old core, the
merging of the old and new cpu core would probably brings some more
stability to hatari falcon.

Hello

I didn't make any change to the old cpu core recently ; so I think the new core already has all the patches I added to the old core. bus error can have a lot of sources ; most of the time the problem is not that the program wants to access a specific memory region that we don't handle, but it's that the program crashes due to non emulated cpu behaviour and will then try to execute code at random memory, eventually leading to a crash.

(see the high number of games compilation on STF that crash with bus error because the .ST image is damaged, which gives corrupted data after decompression)