Re: [hatari-devel] hatari release tester

On maanantai 09 tammikuu 2012, Roger Burrows wrote:

> > IIRC Falcon was always shipped with 4 MB, so I'd suggest to use 4 & 14
> > MB here. Not sure about the TT, though.
>
> I actually bought a Falcon with 1MB, since I was planning to use a
> 3rd-party 14MB card.  There was an ugly bug in AHDI which prevented
> using it with a 1MB configuration, but the floppy worked :-).  But I'm
> sure that almost all machines would have had 4MB or 14MB.

> The TT shipped with 2MB on the motherboard; an add-in board contained
> either 2 or 8MB.  So available ST-RAM configs for the TT were 2MB, 4MB,
> 10MB.  I would guess the most common config is 4MB (plus 4MB or 16MB of
> TT RAM, but I know that's not supported yet).

I had 0.5MB STfm which I expanded to 4MB.  0.5MB is probably the most
common initial configuration too...

I guess it's best to aim for largest possible memory values coverage,
and assuming that all TOS versions are tested, so I changed the tested
memory amounts to this:
  ST:   0.5 &  2 MB
  STE:    1 &  4 MB
  TT:     2 & 10 MB
  Falcon: 4 & 14 MB

I could later on add command line options to specify what exact tests are
run (memory, graphics, arbitrary Hatari option) and to specify full of range
additional values for the tests:
	--test mem,gfx --graphics vga,vdi-1,vdi-2 --memory 0,2,8 \
	--test-bool "--fast-boot" --test-bool "--compatible"

(Added a readme for tos-tester with some todos.)