Re: [hatari-devel] Problem with conftypes.py

Am Sun, 08 Jan 2012 22:36:28 +0100
schrieb Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On 08/01/2012 21:56, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> >

> > Is there some way to get CMake to autogenerate conftypes.py
> > when src/configuration.c (or python-ui/gentypes.py) changes?
> >
> > All it would need to do is call:
> > 	python-ui/gentypes.py<  src/configuration.c>
> > python-ui/conftypes.py
> >
> > (For now I added a python-ui/Makefile I call manually to do that.)

Sure, have a look at src/uae-cpu/CMakeLists.txt, we're already doing
similar things there. add_custom_command() should do the job.

> I guess it would be possible, except it would mean that when a user
> build hatari but doesn't want to use the python-ui, gentypes.py would
> be called nevertheless.
> And as python is not mandatory to build Hatari per se, it would add a
> dependancy on python, which doesn't seem right to me.

Since all the python UI build logic is (or at least should be) handled
from python-ui/CMakeLists.txt already, and since we've got a
python-check in the main CMakeLists.txt already and only include
python-ui/CMakeLists.txt if python is available, there should not be any
new problem here.