Re: [hatari-devel] SCSI controller (was: Hatari 1.6 for Mac OS X)

I just had a quick look at the datasheet of the ncr 5380 (http://bitsavers.org/pdf/ncr/scsi/NCR_5380_SCSI_Interface_Chip_Design_Manual_May85.pdf).
It seems to be quite different from the 53C90 unit, which belongs to the next generation of SCSI controllers. They won't be compatible, but maybe at least some of the code could be re-used. It would require to take a closer look at the datasheets. For now i would be happy to understand at least how the 53C90 really works ;-)
I am trying to use QEMU's emulation (hw/esp.c) + datasheet as a template to write my code.

Best regards,

Andeas

They are not compatible, but maybe