Re: [hatari-devel] Bug report: AHCC not working anymore with GEMDOS emulation

On lauantai 21 tammikuu 2012, Matthias Arndt wrote:

>> Has always worked for me.  I haven't used the command line version.
>
> Simply drop the .PRJ file on it to compile. Worked perfectly!

Hm.  In the GUI I always need to first select in the settings
"-Iinclude" before things work, but with the TTP version it
doesn't seem to proceed even that far.

When I drop c:\math\primes.prj on c:\ahcc_p.ttp, according to
GEMDOS trace, AHCC first opens primes.prj, and then it tries to
open following files, in this order:
- primes.prjprimes.ttp
- primes.prjprimes.o
- primes.prjprimes.c

which all obviously fail, so finally it complains about not
finding the last one.

The primes.prj content is this, and it works fine when I load
it from the GUI:
-------------
primes.ttp
=
ahcstart.o
primes.c
ahccstdi.lib
-------------

I think AHCC is buggy.

(I've earlier noticed that it uses TOS GEMDOS file APIs like they
were MiNT ones and there are some corner-case issues with that).

>> Can you give an example of what AHCC program(s) you run and with what
>> arguments?
>>
>> Are you using --bios-intercept?
>
> Unless it is activated by default, nope.

> > > With NVDI disabled and clean boot, the cosnole output works again.
> > > Very strange behaviour.
> >
> > I don't have NVDI4, but I could try whether this happens with
> > my NVDI v2.5 after I have the exact use-case.
>
> All works well with ACSI hd image, see other post.
> Not an NVDI issue by default.

Could you try it in Aranym with MiNT and memory protection?
Maybe something is overwriting something it shouldn't.