Re: [eigen] Clean aligned memory allocation

On Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 3:07 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So is this the plan that you have in mind?
1. Restrict MALLOC_ALREADY_ALIGNED to C++11 when actually guaranteed to be safe per standard.
2. Fall back to handmade_ only, drop use of any non malloc/realloc allocator entry points?

Yes for the second point.

For the first one, as Christoph said, we did not observe any trouble for a while, so why not keeping the current strategy in non-c++11, and use the c++11 way otherwise. I'm tempted to argue that replacing the system malloc by a custom one that does not respect the alignment of the system malloc is kind of dangerous practice anyway, and such rare advanced users should be able to define MALLOC_ALREADY_ALIGNED.