Re: [eigen] Re: [Blitz-devel] Fork Blitz++?

On 2016-01-20 02:05, Gael Guennebaud wrote:
Eigen: 0.342062s

Blitz++: 14.6185s

(compiled with gcc 5 -O3 -DNDEBUG -mfma)

I was not surprised that Eigen is faster -- mostly as it uses SIMD.
But I think for a fairer comparison, you should at least initialize the values in the Blitz++ implementation (working on uninitialized values tends to be slow, if there is a number of NaNs and Infs in the data), and probably also compare how big the difference without SIMD would be (or with just SSE2/3/4, instead of AVX+FMA).

Christoph

--
 Dipl. Inf., Dipl. Math. Christoph Hertzberg

 Universität Bremen
 FB 3 - Mathematik und Informatik
 AG Robotik
 Robert-Hooke-Straße 1
 28359 Bremen, Germany

 Zentrale: +49 421 178 45-6611

 Besuchsadresse der Nebengeschäftsstelle:
 Robert-Hooke-Straße 5
 28359 Bremen, Germany

 Tel.:    +49 421 178 45-4021
 Empfang: +49 421 178 45-6600