Re: [eigen] Ref<> Problem

On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 12:47 PM, Christoph Hertzberg <chtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
These pitfalls go away if the creation of a temporary is disabled in the
Ref<> object (bug 884) which seems to be OK in Gabriel's use case..

The pitfalls which we have with standard C++ references will still exist (referencing an object which gets modified or out of scope while the Ref still exists). But we won't be able to do anything about that.

Of course, but at least this would permit to avoid referencing "hidden" temporaries.