Re: [eigen] Addition to Eigen-unsupported Spline module

On 24.06.2014 12:24, Hauke Heibel wrote:
What Christoph said backs up introducing a new typedef like e.g.

EIGEN_MAKE_ARRAY_TYPEDEFS_ALL_SIZES(DenseIndex, Idx)

Are there any objections about doing this? I am fine with it. That's all
which keeps us from merging.

Well, I'm not objecting this, but I think it would be much easier to simply accept any type for derivativeIndices (the same as you do for PointArrayType). Then the code would work for Eigen::ArrayXi as well as std::vector<short>, etc, and you would not need to introduce a new typedef. I doubt that anyone will have splines with more than 2^31 nodes in the near future, so requiring 64 bit indexes seems a bit over-engineered for this (for people requiring this it would be possible, nonetheless).

For a clean solution, I'd like to have some kind of static assertion which ensures `typename IndexArray` has a size() method, and an operator[] which returns an integer type. Later on specializations which determine if the size is fixed at compile-time might come handy.

Regards,
Christoph

Dipl.-Inf., Dipl.-Math. Christoph Hertzberg
Cartesium 0.049
Universität Bremen
Enrique-Schmidt-Straße 5
28359 Bremen