Re: [eigen] Help on solving a race condition

On 14/06/2012, at 4:53 PM, Hauke Heibel wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>
> On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 6:05 AM, Jim Bosch <talljimbo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I'd certainly personally much prefer to have to run a script to generate a
>> header when I install Eigen over having to call a function every time I use
>> Eigen!
>
> What if you plan to compile your program once and to distribute it to
> several machines? The run script does not help in that situation
> because executing the script would require a re-compilation of the
> program.

Nothing helps. You have no choice when sending executables
to different platforms to recompile .. well maybe someone out there
has a machine binary format the works on OSX 32 and 64 bit,
Linux 32 and 64 bit, Windows 32 and 64 bit .. and various ARM
processors (not to mention GPUs which are the future of high
performance parallel computation) .. but I haven't seen it.

However, there is merit in a "just copy the source files into
your include path and play" model.

--
john skaller
skaller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx