Re: [eigen] Eigen 3.0.5 Could NOT find FFTW (missing: FFTW_INCLUDES)

Pei:

I think it's important to remember that the FFT module is in the *unsupported* part of Eigen, so it's natural that it might not have exactly the same interface as maybe the rest of Eigen. I don't use CMake for my applications, but I do use the FFT module quite a bit. There is no Eigen library to speak of, so unless you are trying to run the FFT unit tests or something, why are you so concerned with making the Eigen CMake scripts work for you? Maybe you can bypass using CMake and use something else you are more comfortable with?

If you want to leverage FFTW, make sure you link against fftw3.(dll,lib,so,a), and that fftw3.h and fftw3.h can be found in your include path. Also you need to define EIGEN_FFTW_DEFAULT one way or another, or the KISS FFT routine is used instead.  Which is also pretty good, but a fair bit slower than FFTW. I use this module quite a bit, and have been very happy with it.

Since we are talking about this, if Mark is reading:

You had threatened to update the FFT module with 2D in the past. Are there still plans for this?

Cheers

-- Trevor