Re: [eigen] Multi Dimensional Arrays

There's no multi-dimensional support in Eigen at the moment.

I'm afraid one can't have Eigen's level of performance, reasonable
compilation times, and multi-dimensional all at the same time. Look at
how much effort already the matrix case (i.e. 2-dimensional) took,
supporting the 2 storage orders and optimizing all the resulting cases
(look at matrix-matrix, matrix-vector, diagonal-matrix products, and
triangular solvers).

Maybe we'll add multi-dimensional array support in the future, but I'm
afraid we won't be able to optimize all cases to the same extent.

Another point is that our expression model is completely tailored for
the matrix and vector cases. Multi-dimensional arrays would use an
almost completely separate class hierarchy, the greatest common
denominator is EigenBase<Derived>, above that they diverge.

Benoit