Re: [eigen] Re: problem with local nested typedefs

On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 10:20:42 +0100, Patrick Sauer <pat05.mlst@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to access the triangularView method of an Eigen3 matrix
using the following code:

template< class Derived >
void get_view_local_td( MatrixBase& in )
{
    typedef typename MatrixBase::Scalar        Float;
     typedef Matrix         MatrixType;

    MatrixType& ref = static_cast( in );
    ref.triangularView();

Someone more knowledgeable than me should correct me if I'm wrong
(and forgive my noobishness ☺ ), but I think that the proper way would be

typedef typename internal::traits<Derived>::Scalar Float;

(with an up-to-date Eigen, i.e. after the ei → internal:: renaming).

Best regards,

Bernard