Re: [eigen] moving to a serious issue/patch tracker

2010/10/3 Thomas Capricelli <orzel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Well, I still prefer redmine a lot more, but I'm not the one doing the real
> work, so my vote really has a small weight, if ever.
>
> Redmine provide a VERY good project manager with, among other things, a very
> good bugtracker.. but what you are looking for is basically to clone the
> workflow at mozilla, so obviously, the best choice for that is bugzilla.

I'm cherry-picking what seems to me to be working well at mozilla. One
thing that really surprised me, was how good bugzilla could get with a
modern install and the right configuration. Another thing that
surprised me was how useful hg MQ is.

There also are dozens of thing that seem to me not to be working well
at mozilla and I'm not adopting them ... ;-) Rather the other way
around, I'm lobbying my colleagues into adopting better tools that we
use in Eigen, such as CMake.

> I've not fully understood this workflow yet, but this way, i'll provably get
> it better.

I'll try to document it as much as I can.

Benoit