Re: [eigen] Propagating Max*AtCompileTime template parameters to decompositions

2010/3/4 Adolfo Rodríguez Tsouroukdissian <dofo79@xxxxxxxxx>:

> On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 6:00 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>>
>> Supreme refinement is to add a unit test for that. We already have the
>> skeleton in the nomalloc test (test/nomalloc.cpp). Indeed, when
>> EIGEN_NO_MALLOC is defined, any heap allocation will cause an assert
>> failure, which in the context of unit tests we convert into an
>> exception.
>>
>> So don't hesitate to expand the nomalloc.cpp test, just with new
>> executable targets (CALL_SUBTEST_x for a new value of x up to 16) so
>> that no single executable gets too big. Testing only 'float' is good
>> enough.
>

> I was just thinking of that. I'll try to squeeze some time for that, too ;).
> Thanks for pointing me to the skeleton, that will speed up things. Should
> EIGEN_STACK_ALLOCATION_LIMIT 0 be defined as well, or am I good to go with
> only EIGEN_NO_MALLOC?.

#define EIGEN_STACK_ALLOCATION_LIMIT 0 is really important. Indeed, on
Linux, this is really a stack allocation hence bypasses malloc
completely. So if you don't define this to 0, you could have a unit
test that passes on Linux but fails (because a heap allocation
happens) on other platforms.

Benoit