Re: [eigen] resizing in ReturnByValue assignment

My concern is that there is no value added by the initial resize. At best it is a NOOP. At worst, it is a silent performance killer when resizes don't match exactly.

In the case of Inverse FFTs, the size of the output depend on the TYPE of output requested. This is NOT available during the construction of the proxy object. It is not available until the evalTo is called.

I did run the regression tests with and without the initial resize. The same tests passed and failed in both cases. This would seem to support my theory that most implementations of ReturnByValue<Derived>::evalTo resize the destination matrix.

Can anyone come up with a concrete example of why resizing is necessary *before* calling evalTo?

-- Mark