Re: [eigen] a couple of RFCs

Hello,

In data mercoledì 12 agosto 2009 23:34:34, Benoit Jacob ha scritto:
> 1) we currently have a template machine_epsilon<Scalar>() that is
> redundant with std::numeric_limits at least for standard numeric
> types.

Yes, i'm for removing redundancy. As it is still possible to use
specialization for our own types, this doesn't have any bad effects.

> to work. I suggest that the default value for "precision" be -1, and
> that this special value means "use the current precision of the
> stream".

I'm not sure I understand everything, but if the stream already has a
'precision', why does eigen add another one ? Anyway i'm all for outputting
double/float with LOTs of decimals by default, or at least that it is easy to
do so. Most of my output is meant to check precision by comparing with
reference numbers.

greatings!
Thomas
--