Re: [eigen] git

OK, I've been trying very hard to convert eigen to git, but i have trouble.

It's fairly easy to get eigen trunk on git. The problem is to get the
branches and tags.

The reason why not everybody hit the same issue already, is that KDE
is a huge monolithic repo.
When I tell git-svn to look in
/trunk/kdesupport/eigen2
/branches/eigen
/tags/eigen
then "git svn fetch" just gets stalled. It will use 1%-30% CPU and do
network activity, but doesn't create any file on my hard disk drive,
and doesn't output anything in the console. I waited 5 hours.

By contrast, if I only mention /trunk/kdesupport/eigen2, then after
some stupid warnings it works. So I have trunk ported to git. However
if I then add the branches and tags, it gets stalled again.

I tried listing explicitly the branches and tags, so no wildcards. No
difference.

Attached: .git/config and my authors file, in case you want to try.

Meanwhile, Thomas aka orzel has been able to move eigen to Hg with no
problem at all, with all the tags etc.
So if nobody can help me with git, I'd propose using hg.