Re: [eigen] git

There are two important issues for KDE switching to a dvcs, which are not
currently solved by either mercurial or git (how to do atomic commit spanning
several different repositories, and how to ensure authentication with a a
dvcs). They clearly are geared toward git (Thiago has experience, he did the
svn->git migration at Trolltech i think), but those issues are blockers. I
tried to find a solution using mercurial, but i'm not satisfied with it yet.

That's why I don't see KDE moving to git (or anything else) soon. Thiago has
some scripts, but they only do the conversion (which is probably not that
hard, only it takes time because KDE is huge).

regards,
Thomas

--
Thomas Capricelli <orzel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>