Re: [eigen] How to contribute to the Eigen dashboard?

to contribute to Eigen dashboard you simply have to use ctest which is
bounded with cmake. For instance, once configured a build dir with
cmake:
cmake path_to_eigen2 -DEIGEN_BUILD_TESTS=on
simply do:
ctest -D Experimental
However, the best is to use the testsuite.cmake script in eigen2/test.
The top of this file contains all the information you need. Basically,
if you don't want to setup automatic nightly builds, you can do
something like that (from MSVC environment):

ctest -S path_to_eigen2/test/testsuite.cmake,EIGEN_MODE=Experimental,EIGEN_SITE=yourpcname,EIGEN_BUILD_STRING=windows-vista-msvc-9.0,EIGEN_WORK_DIR=c:\Users\me\cdash

(see the script file for all options)

add the option -VV to see what happens (and perhaps debug the script).

after that you should see the result there:
http://my.cdash.org/index.php?project=Eigen

On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 1:04 AM, FMDSPAM <fmdspam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I'm still not sure to have a proper setup of
> eigen2 in regard of
> a) cmake
> b) external libs like taucs (none installed so far, should I?)
> c) MSVC Version 9.0.30729.1 SP, Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 3.5 SP1

sounds good. all external libs are optional, though of course the more
external libs you have, the better.

> But: A build of "RUN_TESTS" (of Rev #908539, I think) run the tests and put
> out result, see attachments.
>
> I have some questions:
> (Please do not hurry to answer. I will not able process your feedback soon)
> a)
> How to check to have a proper setup?
> Is there already a small howto for a setup from scratch with MSVC?

this is how I proceed to run the test manually:
1 - start the MSVC command line environment
2 - cd path_to_eigen2
3 - mkdir build
4 - cd build
5 - cmake .. -DEIGEN_BUILD_TESTS -G "NMake Makefiles"
6 - nmake
7 - ctest

to quickly submit to the dashboard, replace 6 and 7 by ctest -D Experimental

of course you can also use the graphic interface of cmake, and choose
Visual Studio 9.0 as the cmake generator to use visual studio.

> b)
> Are information about the subversion working copy revision somewhere in the
> logs

ctest should do that itself.

> c)
> It is possible to contribute to the Eigen-Dashboard?
> Maybe on a irregularly scheduled by hand from time to time.
> And if, How?

see above

> d)
> How to analyze the logs by my self?

on the cdash website you can check the results of all submissions.

> e)
> Why the 4 tests fail?

since beta6 only one fails (this is normal)

cheers,
Gael.