Re: [eigen] Bugs in Cholesky modules

bugs fixed in rev 856821.

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 10:20 PM, Timothy Hunter <tjhunter@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello, I have found 2 bugs in the choleskyWithoutSquareRoot class:
>
> - it does not work with 1x1 matrices. I added a quick workaround on my local
> copy that checks if the size is 1, but I do not know if there is a more
> elegant solution than that.

I also did that, there is no better solution.

> Also, how big can fixed-size matrices be? I encountered some problems to
> compile code with Matrix<float, 1000, 1000> classes. (I am working on a more
> complete bug report for that).

the limit is the maximal memory you can allocate on the stack, for instance:

float data[1000*1000]

won't work, so there is no way that Matrix<float, 1000, 1000>  works.
Actually, from my experience there is absolutely no advantage to use
fixed size matrices larger than 16.

Gael.