Re: [eigen] limiting executable code size with debug info

you're right it's better to check the size of the final libs and binaries, so here you go:

compile flags : executable + shared libraries

-O2 -g1    :    3.7MB + 7.2MB

-O2 -g2    :   47MB +   59MB

the ratio is roughly the same than the built tree size.

Gael.

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 5:23 PM, Benoît Jacob <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Monday 09 June 2008 17:17:57 Benoît Jacob wrote:
> 57M code sounds huge...

Nevermind: I mixed up build-tree-size and
actual-size-of-final-executable-and-libraries.

KDE-EDU alone has a build tree size of 650 M, and it's mostly plain regular
C++/Qt,  so your 57 M is reasonable! I forgot how much space a build tree
could take.

The real interesting measure, is rather the
actual-size-of-final-executable-and-libraries.