[frogs] Re: Lilypond and Guile forward compatibility

Hi Ian,

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 3:37 PM, Ian Hulin <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've now rebuilt Lilypond OK after eliminating the space LDFLAGS, but it
> still fails in the same place in the build.  It links the image but
> Segfaults when trying to run it to build the docs,
> It's still dying in ly_init_ly_module when the array pointer reaches  976
> and it's trying to execute Accidental_placement_init_ifaces().
> It's not getting as far as the call to
> scm_primitive_load_path (scm_from_locale_string ("lily.scm"));
> which is presumable what executes lily.scm.

It seems very odd that you are seeing a segfault here.

I'm not really sure what to suggest, but can you post the backtrace
after you hit the segfault?

Does Guile 1.9.10 work okay for you in general, e.g. at the repl?

I'll post back if I discover any leads for you.

Thanks,
Patrick