[frogs] Frogs only -- Re: PATCH: Issue 638 Autobeaming

On 12/16/09 7:58 PM, "Andrew Hawryluk" <ahawryluk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 1:20 PM, Carl Sorensen <c_sorensen@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> At last, thanks to help above and beyond the call of duty by Neil, I have
>> finally got the autobeam engraver fixed so it beams 4 4 right when there are
>> 16th notes in the 2nd or 4th beat of the measure.
>
> Bravo, Carl! I can't really comment on the code (still way over my
> head), but the resulting image is very exciting.

Well, you need to know that the code was way over my head, too.  I knew what
needed to be done, but didn't have a clue about how to accomplish it.  Lots
and lots of staring at code, and thinking I had it, only to find I was
wrong.

But you know, once I got into it, things almost started to make sense.  And,
at last, it WORKS!  It really feels good to be able to say that.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words.

And for the rest of you Frogs, you can get there, I'm pretty sure.

Good luck,

Carl