Re: [chrony-users] NTP v4 header

On Wed, 4 May 2011 10:58:05 -0700 (PDT), Bill Unruh <unruh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> On Wed, 4 May 2011, Harald Krammer wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 3 May 2011 13:54:33 +0200, Miroslav Lichvar
>> <mlichvar@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> On Mon, May 02, 2011 at 09:23:30PM +0200, Harald Krammer wrote:
>> [...]

Here is a short explanation to get a better understanding of
the backgrounds.

My customers use different NTP implementation. The other
NTP implementations provide a number of things, that the
customer wants again.

Feature list of SNTP implementations in my area:
e.g
* Client
 - Error Limit till 4s
 - Timeout till 8s
 - Period 32s - 24h
 - Ignore 'Not synced' Indicator
 - Accept Multi/Broadcast
* Server
 - force synced Indicator
 - set Stratum 1-15

There are units with these options, so it came to these
solutions.

I am willing to implement the missing options in the
requested form.

Nice greetings
Harald

---