Re: [chrony-dev] Traffic amplification with chrony commands

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 08:26:16AM -0600, John Hasler wrote:
> I had in mind only attempting authentication only when a restricted
> command is used.  Might be better if -a did that anyway.

chronyc doesn't know in advance if the command is restricted or not,
so it would have to try it first and when "not authorized" is received
from chronyd, it would try it again with password. I guess that could
work.

Should that be only with the -a option, or drop -a and do it always?